Tara Kachaturoff is hosting a Writing Integrity Day this Friday, August 14 from 7:00 a.m-5:00 p.m.
Here is her post:
Writing Integrity Day is a time for you to complete activities related to writing articles, ebooks, books or anything else related to writing. This is a great time to focus on activities that you’ve put putting off.
How Writing Integrity Day Works (See details below if you want to work on your business instead — everyone welcome!)
1. Writing Integrity Day is scheduled Friday, August 14, 2009 from 7:00 a.m. Eastern until 5:00 p.m. Eastern. Our last call will be at 5:00 p.m. Eastern. (5-minute calls will be held at 7, 9, 11, 1, 3, 5 p.m. Eastern)
2. Dial in to the conference call line every 2 hours between 7:00 a.m. and 5:00 p.m. Eastern. Try to dial in one minute prior to the hour so that you’ll be ready to go at the top of the hour.
3. We will take 5 minutes ONLY to quickly go around the “virtual room” to share what we intend to complete during the remaining 1 hour 55 minutes. You will state your name and what you intend to complete during that time in about 30 seconds or less — then we go to the next
4. After everyone has shared, we’ll hang up and then we’ll have 1 hour 55 minutes to work on what we said we were going to work on.
5. Then we dial in, again, at the next call-in time and state what we completed and what we will complete for the next two hour period. Our last call will be at 5:00 p.m. Eastern. At that time, you’ll share what you completed and how you’ll reward yourself for a day of productivity!
6. If you can’t join us for every call-in, that’s okay. Join as you can. Remember to call in one minute early so that you can be ready to go at the top of the hour.
What types of writing projects could you work on during this time?
- Outline your chapters
- Write your bio/profile for your book
- Write a press release
- Find quotes for your book chapters
- Outline a chapter
- Write a chapter
- Organize your thoughts
- Make a “To Do” list of everything you need to do around writing your book
- Outline an article, ebook, or special report
- Write a study-guide for your book
- Write some marketing copy for your book
- Other … pick your favorite task and get it done
If you want to work on your business instead, you might want to consider some of these things
- Write up your bio/profile for posting on a social networking site
- Write a press release
- Write articles
- Read a new book related to something in your business
- Start gathering your tax materials or start working on your business taxes
- Return client calls
- Design a new class to teach
- Clean out your email box
- Write thank you notes
- Contact various venues to see if they might be interested in inviting you as a speaker
- Sort through all of your regular mail
- Complete client-related work
- File paperwork
- Clean out your files