In the work that I do with leaders, I find that each generation likes to communicate differently. So, in order to be as efficient as possible, I believe it’s important to find a way to communicate using one tool that connects to all of your social networks and mobile phones.
So, here is a quick run-down of what how to do this.
1) Set up a WordPress blog on your own domain. To learn how to do this go to http://Wordpress.org and follow their 5-minute installation process
2) Set up an account with Ping.fm and get this account connected to each of your online social networks. Ping.fm will ask you to connect this pinging service to all of your social networks, including Twitter, Facebook, Linked-In and Mashable
3) Connect your WordPress blog to Ping.fm using the plug-in by the name of WPing.fm . This needs to be done so that each time you post a blog, the post automatically goes out to each of your social networks
4) Set up your Ping.fm account or your Twitter account to connect to your cell phone
5) Set up one e-mail address which will be used to send posts to your WordPress blog only
6) Log into your WordPress blog. Go to Settings. Then, go to Writing. In the writing area, set up your mail server user name and password
7) Install and activate the plug-in by the name of Email Post Activation
8) Now, send an e-mail to your blog using the e-mail address you set up specifically for your blog. When sending this e-mail, you can BCC all of the people who insist on getting an e-mail
9) Once this is complete, your e-mail message should go to your blog, your social networks and to people who are connected to your text messaging system
Setting this up does take a bit of time, but it is well worth the time and energy you will invest. Because of our movement in the direction of virtual teams across borders, it is critical to get your message out as quickly as possible using one tool that will spread out your message quickly..